Inspirational Bird Quotes With Images. “Everyone likes birds. What wild creature is more accessible to our eyes and ears, as close to us and everyone in the world, as universal as a bird?”
Nature historian David Attenborough
- Birds born in cages think that flying is an illness.
- Birds are the most accomplished aeronauts the world has ever seen. They fly high and low, at great speed, and very slowly. And always with extraordinary precision and control.
- “Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly.”
Poet, novelist and playwright Langston Hughes
- “I’m not really a bird person or an Audubon guy who studies them, but as I was around them, they interested me.”
Singer and songwriter Gordon Lightfoot
- Birds have wings; they’re free; they can fly where they want when they want. They have the kind of mobility many people envy.
- “Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her, still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings.”
Novelist and dramatis Victor Hugo
- “The caged bird sings with a fearful trill, of things unknown, but longed for still, and his tune is heard on the distant hill, for the caged bird sings of freedom.”
Writer Maya Angelou
- Birds are a miracle because they prove to us there is a finer, simpler state of being which we may strive to attain.
- “I’d rather learn from one bird how to sing than teach ten thousand stars how not to dance.”
Poet E. E. Cummings
- Birds are indicators of the environment. If they are in trouble, we know we’ll soon be in trouble.
- I feel like tiny bird with a big song!
Jerry Van Amerongen
- A forest bird never wants a cage.
- To love a person is to learn the song that is in their heart, and to sing it to them when they have forgotten.
- “The very idea of a bird is a symbol and a suggestion to the poet. A bird seems to be at the top of the scale, so vehement and intense is his life, large-brained, large-lunged, hot, ecstatic, his frame charged with buoyancy and his heart with song.”
Naturalist John Burroughs
- No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings.
- In order to see birds it is necessary to become part of the silence.
- Caged birds accept each other but flight is what they long for.
- “I work as often as I want and yet I’m free as a bird.”
Singer Ethel Merman
- The sound of birds stops the noise in my mind.
- Just remember it’s the birds that’s supposed to suffer, not the hunter.
- “And if I stay here with you girl, things just couldn’t even be the same, ’cause I’m as free as a bird now, and this bird you cannot change.”
Band Lynyrd Skynyrd
- “The early bird gets the worm”
- The bird thinks it a favor to give the fish a lift in the air.
- It is a matter of shame that in the morning the birds should be awake earlier than you.
- No one is free, even the birds are chained to the sky.
- “I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm.”
President Franklin D. Roosevelt
Free bird quotes
- “I know I don’t own Big Bird, but I own his soul, I feel.”
Actor and puppeteer Caroll Spinney
- When you have shot one bird flying you have shot all birds flying. They are all different and they fly in different ways but the sensation is the same and the last one is as good as the first.
- “My father always said, ‘Malala will be free as a bird.’”
Human rights activist and Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala Yousafzai
- We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry.
- “My writing often contains souvenirs of the day—a song I heard, a bird I saw—which I then put into the novel.”
Author Amy Tan
- “My mother had a great voice. Not like mine, not like my sister’s, not like my son’s—a high soprano voice, but like a bird. I mean, really beautiful.”
Actor and singer Barbra Streisand
- There is nothing in which the birds differ more from man than the way in which they can build and yet leave a landscape as it was before.
- “And the eagle flies with the dove. And if you can’t be with the one you love, honey, love the one you’re with.”
Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young
- A bird is three things: Feathers, flight and song, And feathers are the least of these.
- Birds are the most popular group in the animal kingdom. We feed them and tame them and think we know them. And yet they inhabit a world which is really rather mysterious.
“You cannot fly like an eagle with the wings of a wren.”
Author and ornithologist William Henry Hudson
- The rising of birds in their flight is the sign of an ambuscade. Startled beasts indicate that a sudden attack is coming.
- Hear how the birds, on every blooming spray, With joyous music wake the dawning day.
- Some tribes of birds will relieve and rear up the young and helpless, of their own and other tribes, when abandoned.
- Birds are not free since Men have invented cages.
- Birds teach us something very important: To whatever height you rise, you will finally come down to the ground!
- “I’m like a bird, I only fly away. I don’t know where my soul is. I don’t know where my home is.”
Singer Nelly Furtado
- You can cage the singer but not the song.
- I don’t sing because I’m happy; I’m happy because I sing.
- Birds evolved from a small raptor like theropod.
- If one bird foraging in a flock on the ground suddenly takes off, all other birds will take off immediately after, before they even know what’s going on. The one who stays behind may be prey.
- When you have birds you stare at them a lot and their eyes are recessed on their head. When they look at something they tilt their head in a quizzical expression.
- Birds are, especially canaries, are super sensitive to hydrogen sulfide and sour gas.