Memorial day quotes and sayings, memorial day quotes, memorial day thank you quotes, quotes about memorial day, memorial day images and quotes, famous memorial day quotes, inspirational memorial day quotes sayings.
- Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.
- “Patriotism is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.” – Adlai Stevenson
memorial day quotes
“Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.”
– Charles de Gaulle
- Memorial Day isn’t just about honoring veterans, its honoring those who lost their lives. Veterans had the fortune of coming home. For us, that’s a reminder of when we come home we still have a responsibility to serve. It’s a continuation of service that honors our country and those who fell defending it.
- “Memorial Day This Year Is Especially Important As We Are Reminded Almost Daily Of The Great Sacrifices That The Men And Women Of The Armed Services Make To Defend Our Way Of Life.” » Robin Hayes
memorial day thank you quotes
- “Ask Not What Your Country Can Do For You — Ask What You Can Do For Your Country.” » John F. Kennedy
- These fallen heroes represent the character of a nation who has a long history of patriotism and honor – and a nation who has fought many battles to keep our country free from threats of terror.
“I have long believed that sacrifice is the pinnacle of patriotism.”
– Bob Riley
quotes about memorial day
- “As individuals die every moment, how insensitive and fabricated a love it is to set aside a day from selfish routine in prideful, patriotic commemoration of tragedy. Just as God is provoked by those who tithe simply because they feel that they must tithe, I am provoked by those who commemorate simply because they feel that they must commemorate.”
- “My Fellow Americans, Ask Not What Your Country Can Do For You, Ask What You Can Do For Your Country.” » John F. Kennedy
- America is hope. It is compassion. It is excellence. It is valor.
famous memorial day quotes
- “Remembering our loved ones is breathing life into their fading images, that we might once more see their faces and pass along a tearful “I miss you.”
“I believe our flag is more than just cloth and ink. It is a universally recognized symbol that stands for liberty, and freedom. It is the history of our nation, and it’s marked by the blood of those who died defending it.”
– John Thune
- The willingness of America’s veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude.
quotes for memorial day
- “The Legacy Of Heroes Is The Memory Of A Great Name And The Inheritance Of A Great Example.” » Benjamin Disraeli
“The willingness of America’s veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude.”
– Jeff Miller
“There is nothing nobler than risking your life for your country.”
– Nick Lampson
memorial day images and quotes
- “America without her soliders would be like God without His angels.”
– Claudia Pemberton
- “Patriotism Is Supporting Your Country All The Time, And Your Government When It Deserves It.” » Mark Twain
- “I am thankful that there are those among us who have sacrificed dearly on behalf of us. And I ardently pray to God that I might be less like myself and more like them.”
inspirational memorial day quotes sayings
- “For Love Of Country They Accepted Death.” » James A. Garfield
- In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. – Martin Luther King, Jr
- “And They Who For Their Country Die Shall Fill An Honored Grave, For Glory Lights The Soldier’s Tomb, And Beauty Weeps The Brave.” » Joseph Rodman Drake
- “On Thy Grave The Rain Shall Fall From The Eyes Of A Mighty Nation” » Thomas William Parsons
check this- happy-mothers-day-quotes-and-images