Life Quotes In English. In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln
“The purpose of our lives is to be happy.” — Dalai Lama
Quotes on life in English
- “Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans.” — John Lennon
- “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
- Life is inherently risky. There is only one big risk you should avoid at all costs, and that is the risk of doing nothing.
- “Get busy living or get busy dying.” —
- “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West
- “I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.”
- “Get busy living or get busy dying.”
- Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.
- “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”
- “If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.”
- “The first step toward success is taken when you refuse to be a captive of the environment in which you first find yourself.”
- I have found that if you love life, life will love you back.
- We all have two lives. The second one starts when we realize we only have one.
- “Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.”
“Money and success don’t change people; they merely amplify what is already there.” — Will Smith
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking.”
- “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.”
- You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.
- “Not how long, but how well you have lived is the main thing.” — Seneca
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.”
- “If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor.”
- “The whole secret of a successful life is to find out what is one’s destiny to do, and then do it.”
- Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
- An unexamined life is not worth living.
- “When I dare to be powerful – to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid.”
- When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us.
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.
- “In order to write about life first you must live it.”
- “The big lesson in life, baby, is never be scared of anyone or anything.”
- Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.
- “Sing like no one’s listening, love like you’ve never been hurt, dance like nobody’s watching, and live like it’s heaven on earth.” – (Attributed to various sources)
- “Curiosity about life in all of its aspects, I think, is still the secret of great creative people.”
- “The unexamined life is not worth living.” — Socrates
- “Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.”
- “Turn your wounds into wisdom.” — Oprah Winfrey