Giving Back Quotes
Giving Back Quotes. It’s enough to indulge and to be selfish but true happiness is really when you start giving back. Adrian Grenier
“No one has ever become poor by giving.” Anne Frank
Famous quotes about giving back
- Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.
- “Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth.” — Muhammad Ali
- The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
- “Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless.” – Sherry Anderson
- Giving is the highest expression of potency…Giving is more joyous than receiving, not because it is a deprivation, but because in the act of giving lies the expression of my aliveness.
- “Remember that the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more.” ― H. Jackson Brown Jr.
- To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.
- “The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.” – Oscar Wilde
- It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.
- “If our hopes of building a better and safer world are to become more than wishful thinking, we will need the engagement of volunteers more than ever.” — Kofi Annan
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
- A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal.
- “As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands — one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.” — Audrey Hepburn
- No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.
- You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.
Quotes about giving back
- Give yourself entirely to those around you. Be generous with your blessings. A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal.
- “Volunteers are the only human beings on the face of the earth who reflect this nation’s compassion, unselfish caring, patience, and just plain loving one another.” – Erma Bombeck
- “You may not have saved a lot of money in your life, but if you have saved a lot of heartaches for other folks, you are a pretty rich man.” – Seth Parker
- Happiness doesn’t result from what we get, but from what we give.
“Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, What are you doing for others?” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Presents are made for the pleasure of who gives them, not the merits of who receives them.
- Love only grows by sharing. You can only have more for yourself by giving it away to others.
- “Our generation has the ability and the responsibility to make our ever-more connected world a more hopeful, stable and peaceful place.” — Natalie Portman
- The degree of loving is measured by the degree of giving.
- “The purpose of life is not to be happy, but to matter– to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all.” – Leo Rosten
- Hope and purpose in this world is living as best as you can and maybe having life that gives back. But simply giving back isn’t purpose; it’s a branch of purpose, but it is not the trunk or root of the tree.Nick Vujicic
- “If you want to touch the past, touch a rock. If you want to touch the present, touch a flower. If you want to touch the future, touch a life.”
Quotes on giving back
- It is every man’s obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it.
- The value of a man resides in what he gives and not in what he is capable of receiving.
- “The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.” — William Shakespeare
- “The unselfish effort to bring cheer to others will be the beginning of a happier life for ourselves.” — Helen Keller
- I don’t think you ever stop giving. I really don’t. I think it’s an on-going process. And it’s not just about being able to write a check. It’s being able to touch somebody’s life.
- Give cheerfully and freely. It is the energy behind the giving that matters so do not give grudgingly. The law of cause and effect guarantees that you shall receive plenty for what you give.
“Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart.” – Elizabeth Andrew
- If you have much, give of your wealth; If you have little, give of your heart.
- Giving back is something that comes from the heart to me. It’s not that I do it because it’s the right thing: I do it because I want do it.
- Giving back involves a certain amount of giving up.
- When you’re in a position to have gotten so much, the gift at this point is giving back.
- It’s enough to indulge and to be selfish but true happiness is really when you start giving back.
- Hope and purpose in this world is living as best as you can and maybe having life that gives back. But simply giving back isn’t purpose; it’s a branch of purpose, but it is not the trunk or root of the tree.
- “No one is more cherished in this world than someone who lightens the burden of another.” – Author Unknown