Dalai Lama Quotes Images Free Download. “Give the ones you love wings to fly, roots to come back and reasons to stay.” – Dalai Lama
I defeat my enemies when I make them my friends.
quotes of Dalai lama
- “Time passes unhindered. When we make mistakes, we cannot turn the clock back and try again. All we can do is use the present well.” – Dalai Lama
- Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.
- “If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.”
– Dalai Lama
- “An open heart is an open mind.” – Dalai Lama
- The more you are motivated by love, the more fearless and free your action will be.
- “Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.”
– Dalai Lama
- “We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves” – Dalai Lama
- Our visit to this planet is short, so we should use our time meaningfully, which we can do by helping others wherever possible.
- “Love is the absence of judgement.”
– Dalai Lama
- “The goal is not to be better than the other man, but your previous self.” – Dalai Lama
- Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
- “My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.”
– Dalai Lama
- “An eye for an eye….we are all blind” – Dalai Lama
- Love and compassion are the true religions to me. But to develop this, we do not need to believe in any religion.
- “There is a saying in Tibetan, ‘Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength.’
No matter what sort of difficulties, how painful experience is, if we lose our hope, that’s our real disaster.”
– Dalai Lama
Quotes by Dalai lama
- “A spoon cannot taste of the food it carries. Likewise, a foolish man cannot understand the wise man´s wisdom even if he associates with a sage.” – Dalai Lama
- The planet does not need more successful people. The planet desperately needs more peacemakers, healers, restorers, storytellers, and lovers of all kinds.
- “Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.”
– Dalai Lama
- “Every day, think as you wake up, today I am fortunate to be alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it. I am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others; to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings. I am going to have kind thoughts towards others, I am not going to get angry or think badly about others. I am going to benefit others as much as I can.” ― Dalai Lama
- This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.
- “The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation.” – The Dalai Lama
- As you breathe in, cherish yourself. As you breathe out, cherish all beings.
- “Silence is sometimes the best answer” ― Dalai Lama
- A disciplined mind leads to happiness, and an undisciplined mind leads to suffering.
- “The true hero is one who conquers his own anger and hatred.” – Dalai Lama
- The ultimate source of happiness is not money and power, but warmheartedness.
- Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
Dalai lama quotes images
- “In our struggle for freedom, truth is the only weapon we possess.” – Dalai Lama
- If you have fear of some pain or suffering, you should examine whether there is anything you can do about it. If you can, there is no need to worry about it; if you cannot do anything, then there is also no need to worry.
- “Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively.” ― Dalai Lama
- I have found that the greatest degree of inner tranquility comes from the development of love and compassion. The more we care for the happiness of others, the greater is our own sense of well-being. Cultivating a close, warmhearted feeling for others automatically puts the mind at ease. It is the ultimate source of success in life.
- “Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive.” ― Dalai Lama
- “Choose to be optimistic, it feels better.” ― Dalai Lama
- To remain indifferent to the challenges we face is indefensible. If the goal is noble, whether or not it is realized within our lifetime is largely irrelevant. What we must do therefore is to strive and persevere and never give up.
- “Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.” ― Dalai Lama
- For our life to be of value, I think we must develop basic good human qualities — warmth, kindness, compassion. Then our life becomes meaningful and more peaceful — happier.
- “If a problem is fixable, if a situation is such that you can do something about it, then there is no need to worry. If it’s not fixable, then there is no help in worrying. There is no benefit in worrying whatsoever.” ― Dalai Lama
Dalai lama quotes life lessons
- Every day, think as you wake up, today I am fortunate to be alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it. I am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others; to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings. I am going to have kind thoughts towards others, I am not going to get angry or think badly about others. I am going to benefit others as much as I can.
- I try to treat whoever I meet as an old friend. This gives me a genuine feeling of happiness. It is the practice of compassion
- I have always had this view about the modern education system: we pay attention to brain development, but the development of warmheartedness we take for granted.
- “The ultimate source of happiness is not money and power, but warm-heartedness” – Dalai Lama
- “It is very rare or almost impossible that an event can be negative from all points of view.” – Dalai Lama
- “If you can cultivate the right attitude, your enemies are your best spiritual teachers because their presence provides you with the opportunity to enhance and develop tolerance, patience and understanding.” ― Dalai Lama
- “The whole purpose of religion is to facilitate love and compassion, patience, tolerance, humility, and forgiveness.” ― Dalai Lama
- “People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they’re not on your road doesn’t mean they’ve gotten lost.” ― Dalai Lama
Dalai lama best quotes
- “One great question underlies our experience, whether we think about it or not: what is the purpose of life? . . . From the moment of birth every human being wants happiness and does not want suffering. Neither social conditioning nor education nor ideology affects this. From the very core of our being, we simply desire contentment. . . Therefore, it is important to discover what will bring about the greatest degree of happiness.” – Dalai Lama
- “Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.” ― Dalai Lama
- “Only the development of compassion and understanding for others can bring us the tranquility and happiness we all seek.” ― Dalai Lama
- “Look at children. Of course they may quarrel, but generally speaking they do not harbor ill feelings as much or as long as adults do. Most adults have the advantage of education over children, but what is the use of an education if they show a big smile while hiding negative feelings deep inside? Children don’t usually act in such a manner. If they feel angry with someone, they express it, and then it is finished. They can still play with that person the following day.” ― Dalai Lama
- “The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual’s own reason and critical analysis.” – Dalai Lama
- “Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.” – Dalai Lama
- Even more important than the warmth and affection we receive, is the warmth and affection we give.
- “When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.” ― Dalai Lama
- “Let us try to recognize the precious nature of each day.” – Dalai Lama